Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 3:30 in the morning and my basement is flooding!!!!!!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,837
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fucking grand. I wake up cuz it sounds like one of the aquariums is low on water, you know that trickling noise they make. So i go to check it out. Nope it's water flowing in the basement window. The gutters had clogged up lastnight as we slept. Now I am going to have towait till someplace opens to rent a shop vack or a rug docktor. Something to get the water out!
    Here are some pics.
    fl4
    fl3
    fl2
    fl1

  2. #2
    Inactive Member *marv*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Damn man, that fucking sucks! Not that i have to tell you that. Good luck on the clean up.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member DemonsAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    6,043
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ew shit that sucks sorry!!

  4. #4
    bonedust
    Guest bonedust's Avatar

    Post

    a wet/dry shop vac will fix that up pretty quick...but it sucks major, none the less.

    thank goodness i live in a slab house on a hill! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I feel for ya man! One of the worst feelings I've ever had was stepping into about 8 inches of water in my family room when my crawl space flooded (I live in a tri-level). Fortunately all of my stored figures were in Rubbermaid containers. The only real loss (figurewise) was all the packaging for my Techno Spawns.

    I did lose photos, all my yearbooks and some artwork. Some books took water damage but I was able to save them to a degree. Oh yeah, I lost all of my vinyl record collection.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2004
    Posts
    3,650
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Sorry to hear that. [img]frown.gif[/img]

    Maybe your Hong Kong express will come a bit early and cheer you up! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry to hear that. Having something happen to your house is just one of the worst feelings.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,837
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys (and gals), I went up to the grocery store first thing today and got a Rug Doctor (shop vac thingy) and have been sucking water out of the carpet. So far I have remove 6.8 gallons of water and it looks like I may have started to make a dent!

    None of my toys were in harms way but all my electronics are a bit damp. No Tv, no music. My PC is on the far side of the room and seems to bee ok. I hate this time of year in missouri, its one natural disaster after another. Now that I have a break from the carpets I need to go unclog the gutters!

    FUN DAY OFF!!!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,837
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by sculpey:
    Sorry to hear that. Having something happen to your house is just one of the worst feelings.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well lat year it was a tornado , so a lil flood aint bad.

  10. #10
    Peter Peeker
    Guest Peter Peeker's Avatar

    Post

    yikes!!!


    glad I live on the 3rd floor. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •